As we get older, we become more prone to chronic illness such as heart diseases. Doctors recommend physical activities to older adults to ensure that they reduce heart disease symptoms. They also further explain that regular physical activity is medicine to older adults with heart diseases symptoms.
Physical exercise such as walking improves the quality of life for older adults especially those that have undergone cardiac events such as heart attack or stroke. Walking is a beneficial form of exercise for older people. Here are the various ways in which walking can help.
- With a walking partner, walking improves social life as they have
- Strengthen your muscles through improving balance and joint flexibility
- Help keep your weight steady
- Lower your risk of heart disease, stroke, colon cancer and diabetes
- With flexible joint, it reduces the risk of osteoporosis and osteoarthritis
- Reduces the likelihood of falls.
- It helps boost confidence and energy levels
- Help reduce blood pressure in some people with hypertension
Encourage grandma or and grandpa on a short walk and socialize.