The greatest gift you can give someone is the gift of the interested listener.
Listening is one of the soft skills that may not be taught but developed over time. Otherwise, we may become poor listeners. Listening is a great skill to learn and
Here a few items to note while listening, really listen to one another:
- Listening to people brings out your love and concern for them.
- Giving one your time, you give them a portion your life.
- A listening eye is an act of kindness. Make kindness your lifestyle and not a time show.
Friendship isn’t a big thing, it’s a million little things such as listening.
Learn to be an amazing listener.
Loving yourself is the greatest gift that you can give yourself. I know at times it might be hard especially when you are facing challenges and nothing seems to go right. Don’t be too hard on yourself.
Here are top six reasons to love yourself:
- You are 300% unique. I know I went overboard but you are unique. There is no else who has your smile or your laugh.
- Accepting yourself in your impact skin feels great. Self-love enables you to get a feeling of contentment and boost self-acceptance.
- You have been blessed with your skin, so wear it comfortably.
- Law of attraction is real. If you love yourself, you also attract people who love you as well.
- “Hate is too great of a burden to bear,” Martin Luther King, Jr. said. Lighten up and love you all the way.
- People come in and out of your life, and what are you left with? YOU. Coping alone is best with self –love.
It’s not a requirement that people love you but it is a blessing if they do. Everything springs from self-love.
Love x Love,
In many occasions, things happen against what we expected. Our attitude towards these situation may vary.
Research shows that majority of humans view the negative perspective. this perspective blocks the possibility of us seeing the positive side of the situation. And that is where the problems begin.
Turning the perspective all around is not the easiest. But with patience and focus on the positive perspective, it is possible.
The positive thought will change your perspective of life.
Follow your passion. The sky is the limit. The only limitation you have to your dreams is yourself.
There is nothing wrong with following one’s passion. Everyone needs a passion. But we live in a world constantly in flux with circumstances we often cannot control. It is when people conflate passion with purpose that they end up in a situation like my friend. We should live each day with a purpose – doing the best job possible within our human power. A person who lives with a purpose does not live in a fantasy world. They have aspirations, but they take concrete steps each day to realose tehir pasion.That is really living a life with a purpose. i would like to sign off with aquote;
“No matter where you’re from, your dreams are valid.” Lupita Nyong’o
I don’t write poems, neither have I done any. I was looking back at how my week has beenand this came up in my mind.
She opens her eyes,
All she saw was the screaming dark black
She gusped for air, the cold air
Panick mode was on,
Her heartbeat ran away from the darkness,
It was over, no where to go or hide.
Little cracks and the light comes in,
Dawn has come.
I would like to end the post with a quote:
Sometimes when you’re in a dark place you think you’ve been buried. but actually you been planted. by Christine Caine
I hope you enjoyed the poem.
Image credits: Conciliar Post
The elections are over, the president is known. Now what’s next; is the question.
Many are worried about what tomorrow holds with the new regime and the results that are yet to come. One thing that is clear is that things don’t always have to turnout the way we want or expect them to.
Here are some things to take home;
- The anxiety will pass
- There is always something good in the oven.
- And lastly, life is too short to be worried of things you have no control over.
- Instead of worrying; spend some time in making some adjustments and be happy.
Stop beating your self about the past and ask yourself what I am learning?
Life is a journey, and learning is a journey of life. therefore, life is a journey. Enjoy the journey and not the destination.
I will end the post with a quote:
“The more I live, the more I learn. The more I learn, the more I realize, the less I know.” ― Michel Legrand