Sugary and carbonated drinks are considered a health hazard. This also includes diet soda, which typically does not add any beneficial nutrients to your body.
This is one of the most obvious effects of drinking soda. Fructose corn syrup which is high in sodas has been linked to obesity.
Weakens your teeth
Drinking soda as your preferred beverage may lead to tooth decay, dental cavities, and bone damage. The sugar coats your teeth and gums for a while and breaks down the enamel (the outer cover of the teeth) paving way for tooth rotting.
Too much sugar drains the body cells of water which leads to dehydration. Caffeinated drinks also have natural diuretic properties which are characterized by numerous trips to the bathroom.
Your skin beats out
The high sugar content in sodas interrupts your insulin levels and contributes to skin break out and acne format. The sugar also dehydrates the skin leaving it vulnerable to harsh conditions. Diet soda is no exception; they are acidic which also interrupts your PH levels leading to dull skin.
Weakens your bones
Your bones become brittle and low in density, especially when drinking Cola. The phosphoric acid in sodas leeches calcium which increases the risk of fractures and later osteoporosis.
Despite the dangers of drinking soda, a small amount once in a while is not harmful. With lots of water, your body will be in symphony ; your PH levels are balanced, your skin will be glowing and you will have healthy teeth. Moderation is key.
Since I can remember, I have had tea for breakfast with either buttered or toasted bread or muffins or scones (For recipe).
I can say it is a family thing more so a Kenyan thing. In my country, Kenya, tea is more than just a beverage. Despite the season or weather, you will also find someone having a cup of tea at home or a coffee house. Tea, hot tea is ENERGISING after a long day at work. Tea people together; tea party. Catching up with friends, going out on a date, it’s all about the tea.
Quick Fact: Did you know that the 4 O’ Clock tea was originally by Queen Alexandra. This has also been a ritual in my family. It is a break between lunch and dinner to catch up, mainly over the weekend, and also refuel the body.
Daily Prompt: tea!
Loving yourself is the greatest gift that you can give yourself. I know at times it might be hard especially when you are facing challenges and nothing seems to go right. Don’t be too hard on yourself.
Here are top six reasons to love yourself:
- You are 300% unique. I know I went overboard but you are unique. There is no else who has your smile or your laugh.
- Accepting yourself in your impact skin feels great. Self-love enables you to get a feeling of contentment and boost self-acceptance.
- You have been blessed with your skin, so wear it comfortably.
- Law of attraction is real. If you love yourself, you also attract people who love you as well.
- “Hate is too great of a burden to bear,” Martin Luther King, Jr. said. Lighten up and love you all the way.
- People come in and out of your life, and what are you left with? YOU. Coping alone is best with self –love.
It’s not a requirement that people love you but it is a blessing if they do. Everything springs from self-love.
Love x Love,
The elections are over, the president is known. Now what’s next; is the question.
Many are worried about what tomorrow holds with the new regime and the results that are yet to come. One thing that is clear is that things don’t always have to turnout the way we want or expect them to.
Here are some things to take home;
- The anxiety will pass
- There is always something good in the oven.
- And lastly, life is too short to be worried of things you have no control over.
- Instead of worrying; spend some time in making some adjustments and be happy.
It has been a year and a couple of months into blogging. Being sort of a ‘newbie’, I have had to learn lots of stuff here and there. It has been a journey of ups and downs. And in this journey I am glad that my posts have touched many and many have also enjoyed. I would also like to appreciate all people who have taken time to advise me on some stuff: both on blogging and living life.
My eyes are on the journey; to enjoy and learn. I am Unfinished I am work in progress.I am glad that my voice matters. Before I say goodbye, here is a quote:
“I’m inspired by so many blogs and the people behind them. I now have a voice.” — Annette’s Place
Image Credits: Ebay
Daily prompt word –Ready, Set, Done!
Many at times we are caught up in hurricanes of life.this does not mean tha life has to
always be like that. Take a Break, and relax.
Here are few tips that are suitable to calm your nerves down.
- Turn up the music
- Pick a good book and follow the story
- Get a buddy and spend some time together
- Talk to your family. East or west, home is best
- Outdoor is the fresh air and beautiful landscapes. Visit new places
- As you socialize, remember to capture to the memories.
- Always remember to SMILE.
- Keep the past where it belongs, that is why it’s called PAST.
Soldier on friend!
Daily prompt word – Hike