In pursuit of living a healthy lifestyle, there more to it than just food. With the international yoga day just around the corner, let’s talk about the contributions of yoga to your healthy well-being. Mine too.
The main aim of the international yoga day is to create or raise awareness of the many benefits of practicing yoga. Yoga is said to unify the body and the soul.
1. Builds Strength
Yoga involves you being a still posture for a certain period of time. Over time, it helps the body build strength on certain muscles.
2. Reduce stress levels
The breathing techniques involved in yoga, help in releasing body stress and tension in the body.
3. Improve flexibility
In addition to building muscle strength, yoga also helps with body flexibility. as the body changes into various position, the joints become more flexibility with no pressures applied.
4. Keeps your weight in check
This is dependent on the type and intensity level of level. The higher the intensity level, the higher your heartbeat and more calories you burn.
5. Mental wellness
Regular yoga enables you to be calmer, have a clear mind. It also relaxes the mind and improves your concentration span.
If you are pregnant or have any complications such as heart issues or diabetes, consult with your health physician and your instructor as well. This way you avoid extra damage to your vital body organs.
Father’s day is a day dedicated to honoring and celebrating fatherhood. The day is dated from way back in the 1980s and since then it’s commemorated by over 40 countries. Father’s day os held on the 3rd Sunday of June in most countries. This day also complements the Mother’s day.
Many people take the initiative to pamper their fathers’ and grandfathers by sending gift cards among other gifts.
For any Father’s day gift ideas, click here
Wishing all the dads in the world, including mine, Happy Fathers’ day.
Have you considered the laughter and its benefits?
It has been said laughter is the best medicine. As years pass by the human being laughs less often. Research shows that kids laugh up to 500 times a day while an adult laughs 12-15 times a day. This is a wide margin, don’t you think?
As we grow older, we have so much to think about and be responsible such as bills, work, and many other stresses. These leads us to accumulate so much tension which could lead to depression.
Did you know that laughter can promote a healthy lifestyle? here are some of the benefits to take note of:
- Improve sleep
- Promote relaxation
- Boost the immune system.
- Protect your heart
- Relieve pain
- Reduce blood pressure
A dose of laughter a day could be prolonging your life.
This is exciting news! Despite being absent for months, I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Annie-Jay. Wow! I feel truly blessed and humbled to be nominated for the Liebster Award! ♥ If you have not yet checked out her blog, I highly recommend that you do so.
Firstly, the Rules:
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
So ready for it!
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs.
- Notify those blogs of the nomination.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Response to Annie’s questions:
- What inspired you to begin blogging? I took a stroll to the market one day and I was amazed at various vegetables and their benefits. Later I started eating healthy and people around me wanted my advice eating and living healthy. I then started blogging as a way to share tips, tricks, and advice on healthy eating and living.
- One word to describe yourself? There are many but I go with; Joyful
- What’s the strangest thing that has happened to you today? I hysterically laughed for 5 minutes straight.
- What are you most looking forward to this week? Time with my girls over the weekend
- What book are you reading at the moment? None at the moment
- Which band were you really into as a teenager (that you now feel a bit embarrassed to admit to having liked) TLC
- Where is your favorite place to be? *My Kitchen
- When is the last time you stopped to feel the Earth under your bare feet? Last Sunday
- What shapes do you see in the clouds above you right now? “Heart shaped”
- How do you feel about your birthday? I have mixed feelings about my birthday. I am excited to celebrate it every year but I also uncomfortable about being the center of attention. I am comfortable around close friends and family on my birthday, not over the top.
- Do you prefer beach, mountains, bush, city or suburbia? City *but would also like to try mountain climbing
And the Nominees are:
- Read Rant Rock & Roll
- My Little Corner
- Nancy Drew
- Karthik Vijay Gopal
Lastly, my questions to the nominees are:
- What are you most afraid of and why?
- What is your most important possession?How do you handle stress?Define Love in ten words.
- How do you handle stress?
- Define Love in five words.
- The greatest lesson that you have learned from your Life.
This is fun answering these questions.
Hello Everyone, another month is here! Every new month is a new chance to be happy, make memories and draw up new plans.
April is here! This is a vital celebration month such as December is with Christmas.
What is in for us this month?
With schools closed, this is the time of the year, we get to celebrate Easter. This is not restricted by religion or faith, but everyone gets to do something out of the norm. The Easter holiday is an important season, especially for Christians. They commemorate the suffering, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The celebration begins on Good Friday and ends on Easter Monday. The celebrations normally include church attendance.
The season is also celebrated with a symbol of eggs ‘Easter eggs’. The Easter eggs are said to symbolize the empty tomb that was left behind when Jesus rose from the dead. This Easter egg symbol has been attributed to other pagan practices.
For the others, they opt to go out of their way and help the vulnerable or less fortunate in the society. This may be part of the organization you work or school you go to or a group of friend(s) initiative.
Others go out for Easter related events such as Easter egg hunts. These events such as Easter egg hunt or Easter painting enable people to reconnect and have fun.
In addition to Easter eggs, Easter bunnies are also part of the Easter celebrations. These are exciting especially for kids. At times it involves children baking goods -like cookies and other pastries shaped like bunnies.
May your last months’ failures be your successes this month.
As we get older, we become more prone to chronic illness such as heart diseases. Doctors recommend physical activities to older adults to ensure that they reduce heart disease symptoms. They also further explain that regular physical activity is medicine to older adults with heart diseases symptoms.
Physical exercise such as walking improves the quality of life for older adults especially those that have undergone cardiac events such as heart attack or stroke. Walking is a beneficial form of exercise for older people. Here are the various ways in which walking can help.
- With a walking partner, walking improves social life as they have
- Strengthen your muscles through improving balance and joint flexibility
- Help keep your weight steady
- Lower your risk of heart disease, stroke, colon cancer and diabetes
- With flexible joint, it reduces the risk of osteoporosis and osteoarthritis
- Reduces the likelihood of falls.
- It helps boost confidence and energy levels
- Help reduce blood pressure in some people with hypertension
Encourage grandma or and grandpa on a short walk and socialize.