Across the global, several days have been dedicated to certain causes. Did you know that there is International Tea Day? Yes it is. Below are some facts about the International Tea Day.
- The International Tea Day is celebrated on December 15 every year.
- Tea is the second most popular beverage in the world after water.
- It was first celebrated in New Delhi, India in 2005
- After 2005, the celebrations were later organized in Sri Lanka in 2006 and 2008.
- It is now celebrated in tea growing countries such as India, Kenya, Tanzania, Malaysia, Uganda, Malawi, Indonesia, Vietnam, Nepal, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
- It has been celebrated through the organizing efforts of trade union movements.
- Due to the caffeine content in tea, it has proof of boosting brain activity and keep one alert.
Every day is Tea Day!